Author Topic: Does Hawaii have any TA?  (Read 94875 times)

Rick

• Jedi Council
  • Oracle Forum Member
Does Hawaii have any TA?
« on: March 17, 2007, 04:13:24 PM »
Offhand, can't remember anybody actually in HI with a TA posting in the 15 months I've been on TAC... :?  :?  :?

kuznickic

• Forum Member
Re: Does Hawaii have any TA?
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2007, 08:28:41 AM »
Yes I here have a 1980 Turbo T/A.  aka The Menehune Monster.  Do you live on Oahu?

Chris

rkellerjr

• Oracle Forum Member
  • When you turn your car on does it return the favor
      • Our Business
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2007, 08:49:43 AM »
Rick lives in Indiana, I think he was just curious to know if any of the members here lived in Hawaii.  By the way, I noticed that this was your first post, welcomt to TAC!  If you've been lurking about then you also know that we love pics so show us that TTA!

Rick

• Jedi Council
  • Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2008, 07:03:09 PM »
Hahaha -- better late than never, I suppose...

Yes, I live in Indiana, but you are the first TA owner from HI that I've "met".  Post us up some pics of your ride the next time you drop in! :) :)

Larry

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2008, 05:14:56 AM »
Aloha! I live in Hawaii and I own a TA, though it might not really count seeing as it's a 3rd gen. But the '74 was, is, and always will be my favorite! Anyway, I'm new to TAC and just wanted to say hello!
Past:        1972 Dodge Charger
               1984 TA 5.0L HO 5spd
               1986 Dodge Diplomat Police Cruiser
Current:    1989 GTA 5.7L T/Top (original owner)
               1999 Suburban LT 4x4 (DD)
Someday:  C5 Corvette
               1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
               1971 Dodge Charger R/T
               1974-ish TA

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2008, 05:14:56 AM »

Rick

• Jedi Council
  • Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2008, 06:55:10 AM »
Well, Larry -- 3rd gen TAs certainly DO count!  Welcome to TAC! :) :)

navybreese

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2009, 11:59:54 AM »
I'm in Hawaii on ohau. just got my 2000 WS6. looking for any clubs on ohau. if you have any information please reply.   8-)

Rick

• Jedi Council
  • Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2009, 01:59:54 PM »
Welcome to TAC, navybreese!  We'd love to see your 2000, if you have any pictures to post!

I'd suggest contacting "Larry in Hawaii" via PM to get him in here, and see what he knows since he lives out there.  As you can tell the traffic is a little thin in this section so I don't think we have too many 'birds out there! ;)

Larry

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2009, 08:25:32 AM »
Welcome to TAC navybreese! Nice to see another HI resident here. I'm sorry to say that I don't have any info on local clubs either. I've been so busy the last couple of years that I just haven't had time to look for them. I believe there is (or was) a "generic" 3rd gen f-body (Camaros and Firebirds) club out in the Pearl City area at one time. I vaguely recall reading something about it on thirdgen.org a while back. If I do find out about any clubs, I'll be sure and post it here.

I don't see many 'birds of any year when I'm out on the road. I've got an '89 GTA. I've seen a late 4th gen near my sister's house, but it's just a base model, not a TA or Formula. I've heard that someone's got a beautifully restored Bucaneer Red '74 TA somewhere up on the North Shore. I've seen some pics of it on another site. One of these days, I'll have to try and track it down, as '74s are my favorite! I know we've gotta have more than that out here. We just need to find them, and if there isn't a club already, maybe we can start one.

Past:        1972 Dodge Charger
               1984 TA 5.0L HO 5spd
               1986 Dodge Diplomat Police Cruiser
Current:    1989 GTA 5.7L T/Top (original owner)
               1999 Suburban LT 4x4 (DD)
Someday:  C5 Corvette
               1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
               1971 Dodge Charger R/T
               1974-ish TA

last81

• Active Forum Member
  • "It will not pass this way again."
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2010, 03:34:50 PM »
Aloha!

I'm Stationed in HI!
i had an 81 T/A that i had to leave behind in Pensacola, FL... but i've been lookin for the right opportunity to get me another one :)

as of right now, i'm lookin at a '79 that needs quite a bit of work thats right on Oahu! guy wants $2500obo for it...seems kinda high... if i wasnt on a US Government computer, i'd post the pics... but heres a link to the ad itself;

http://honolulu.craigslist.org/oah/pts/1887626590.html

they seem to be fairly few and far between on these islands but my hopes are high!

it doesnt matter if the car needs work, i love doin it :)
"Fit tolerances of door, fenders, hoods, and deck lids were pitiful. T-tops leaked. The paint had more runs and light spots than would be tolerated by a quality control engineer unless they were on the take (by today's standards). Hoods flopped around and doors rattled. But the car was still a Trans Am. "

watchn

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2010, 04:32:52 PM »
Hey last1, that 79 your looking at.. doesnt look to terrible.. and a 4 speed to boot.. big bonus. Standard trans always adds to the price of these cars. But for 2500 it should at least run and drive, somewhat. Good luck and welcome to TAC
Mop Mop Mop all day long, mop mop mop while i sing that song, Gonna mop that floor gonna make it shine, gonna take off the spraypaint with turpentine.

last81

• Active Forum Member
  • "It will not pass this way again."
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2010, 01:13:29 AM »
thanks for the welcome Watchn!
i'll keep you guys up to snuff about my aspirations for my 2ng Trans Am!
"Fit tolerances of door, fenders, hoods, and deck lids were pitiful. T-tops leaked. The paint had more runs and light spots than would be tolerated by a quality control engineer unless they were on the take (by today's standards). Hoods flopped around and doors rattled. But the car was still a Trans Am. "

rkellerjr

• Oracle Forum Member
  • When you turn your car on does it return the favor
      • Our Business
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2010, 08:23:13 AM »
Welcome last81 to TAC!!

robg8r

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2013, 09:30:29 AM »
Sold a 67 bird while I was there in 2011 so someone has a 67 convertible on Oahu.  Also turned around and purchased my current 78 TA which I brought with me back to the mainland (GA).   Bottom line, brought one in then took one out.

« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2013, 09:30:29 AM »
You can help support TAC!