Author Topic: New Trans AM club - NW Houston  (Read 161556 times)

Jeff Has A Brewster

• Active Forum Member
Re: New Trans AM club - NW Houston
« Reply #440 on: December 20, 2018, 08:12:21 AM »
Hi guys,
I’m in Canyon Lake. As soon as I’m finished sorting out my “hot start” issue (I have all the parts, I just need the time LOL) I’d be up for a meet up.

Please keep posting in this thread about potential get togethers.

Thanks,
 JHAB

Trans Am Mike

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #441 on: March 13, 2019, 08:15:36 AM »
Hey Jeff, obviously the traffic has died down on this thread. We are all TA lovers with good intentions, but obviously bad at keeping tabs on this board. It always seems spontaneous when these meet-up's occur. Cold beer, wings, and cars seems to do the trick...lol.
“You can all go to hell…I'm going to Texas”, Davy Crockett
1974 Trans Am 469/200-4R
1980 Turbo Trans Am Indy Pace Car

Trans Am Mike

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #442 on: March 13, 2019, 08:48:05 AM »
Here are a few things that I know I will be involved with this year:

https://www.facebook.com/Niftee50eesClassicCruisers/
Pretty cool car club show, it seems to be looking for a new home base, but always a good turn out of cars.

https://tradersvillage.com/houston/events/autoswapmeet/
I love checking out swap meets, plus there is a car corral, so it will be a good way to spend a day.

http://thebanditrun.com/2018-bandit-run/
I'll definitely be taking the 74' up for the start of this one. I have several TA buddies from all over the State and Oklahoma which gets together for these things and I think they are all coming as well. I wont make the full run to Kansas City, but I will enjoy at least running the first leg into Oklahoma.

https://www.summerslastblast.com/
There is a group of us TA lovers who make this event every year, I missed last year but cant wait for this year. Its the 30th anniversary of this meet/cruise so I expect a huge turn out. The town of Vernon shuts down the main street running thru the middle of town on Saturday Night and allows only entrants to participate. This limit entrance to 1978 model year and older I believe, but since the TA after 78 shares the same platform (2nd gen) they allow up to 1981 to enter. You'll see Hemi Chargers, Split window Vettes, more Camaro's than you can shake a stick at, 57 Chevy's, deuce coups, you name it, its there. A night of cruising with all the classic cars is pretty surreal, and the Vernon PD keeps it pretty clean of any modern interlopers, lol. We are hoping for a large turn-out of TA's amongst our group. I highly recommend this event, a definitely cool experience.
1974 Trans Am 469/200-4R

misery

• Active Forum Member
      • enolive
« Reply #443 on: March 13, 2019, 10:13:04 AM »
Howdy stranger ..

Todd and I have talked about the Trader's Village swap meet ..

He has changed jobs and is between states...

We need to schedule a  "Meet" with COLD Beers!
Money may not buy happiness, but it sure makes misery much easier to live with...

Jeff Has A Brewster

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #444 on: March 13, 2019, 03:15:35 PM »
Thanks for replying! I’m in the process of rewiring my starter circuit do to a constant hot start issue. It shouldn’t take me as long as it has but you know how it is with life getting in the way of fun.

I’m planning on doing the Bandit Run, that looks like a great time!

I’ll take a look at those other events as well.

So far I’ve only sighted one other Trans Am in Texas.

A summer get together over a cold beer would be fun!

« Reply #444 on: March 13, 2019, 03:15:35 PM »

Trans Am Mike

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #445 on: March 18, 2019, 07:33:48 AM »
Howdy stranger ..

Todd and I have talked about the Trader's Village swap meet ..

He has changed jobs and is between states...

We need to schedule a  "Meet" with COLD Beers!

Hey Eric, sorry if I have been off the radar, it has been a busy past few months. Has Todd moved?
1974 Trans Am 469/200-4R

misery

• Active Forum Member
      • enolive
« Reply #446 on: March 18, 2019, 08:22:55 AM »
No - he started a new job and has been out of town a bit. 
Money may not buy happiness, but it sure makes misery much easier to live with...

79merlin

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #447 on: March 19, 2019, 05:21:43 AM »
Howdy all.
I have indeed been travelling for work. I am about half way through with the upfront travel. Then it will just be 1 week per quarter.
I haven't moved. yet... But that is coming in May or so. We definitely need to have a get together before then. Take care guys.

Todd

Trans Am Mike

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #448 on: March 19, 2019, 07:36:37 AM »
I am headed to Longview Saturday to take my Dad up to see his sister, but if some peeps wanted to get together Sunday during the day I would be up for it.
1974 Trans Am 469/200-4R

79merlin

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #449 on: March 22, 2019, 05:59:52 AM »
I am down. Someone name a time and place.

Todd

jegs or summit

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #450 on: June 24, 2019, 11:44:12 AM »
we need to do a serious meet up. Ive been having to much fun already. We need a Houston club already too.

How come I cant post pics from my PC. When I click Insert image, it does not let me pic my pictures :sad:

DynoLee

• Active Forum Member
      • Lee's website
« Reply #451 on: June 27, 2019, 11:31:26 AM »
we need to do a serious meet up. Ive been having to much fun already. We need a Houston club already too.

We had the Gulf Coast Trans Am Club back in the 80's.  Stan Leachman and a few others ran it.  It had a decent monthly newsletter that was printed and mailed every month.  They rented out the old dragstrip in Dickinson at least once, around 1985 or so.  It faded away towards the late 80's.

Sometime in the early 90's, Bob Wicker started TACH, Trans Am Club of Houston.  It was a fun group for several years.  But by the late 90's the "LS" new car owners started piling into the group, and soon outnumbered the owners of the classic T/A's.  Every meeting was like two in one, with the classic guys in one group the the LS's in another.  I think that club ceased to exist somtime around 2005.

HALF is another great group, but aimed at first-gen Firebirds.  Probably more than half of HALF has now sold their Firebirds, but most still stay in touch and several get together quite often.

And yes, I'm an old fart now!  I was a teenager when I was in GCTAC.

misery

• Active Forum Member
      • enolive
« Reply #452 on: June 27, 2019, 02:07:33 PM »
The Houston presents is fading away...

I am still here - Michael is around but stays busy - Todd just moved away - Marcos moved away a while back.

Koury has been busy doing all kinds of stuff - but from the looks of it - he has another TA up and running - or will soon.

No one else has ever showed up to any meets...

I'd like to start having some meets --- maybe it would help me to stay motivated to put my beast back on the road... 

Trans Am Mike

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #453 on: July 01, 2019, 10:24:39 AM »
Yeah, I've been all over the map recently. I definitely need to carve out some time and hook up. I had Koury pick me up some  rear seat bottoms for my 74. I found a deal on some Pace Car Recaros and I am having them recovered in black, and redoing another set of back seats to match. At some point I will have deluxe front buckets and rear seats for sale.
Eric, even if its just us, we can break the bread brother...
1974 Trans Am 469/200-4R

misery

• Active Forum Member
      • enolive
« Reply #454 on: July 08, 2019, 11:22:45 AM »
Sounds good MIke - I am in...
I saw Koury over the weekend - I picked up a 79 parts car and a early formula hood ...( I LOVE THE HOOD)...
He was also in for getting together.

I am jealous - I like the Recaro seats - the black and red or the grey ones?
« Last Edit: July 08, 2019, 11:24:42 AM by misery »

« Reply #454 on: July 08, 2019, 11:22:45 AM »

Trans Am Mike

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #455 on: July 08, 2019, 12:08:56 PM »
Hey Eric,
Yeah they are the 83 Daytona Pace Car Recaros, currently gray, I am having them recovered in black. Nice thing is the 2nd Gen seat brackets will work for those seats without too much modification. I'll have a basically brand new set of front and rear seats for sale once I make the swap. So if you hear of anyone looking for deluxe interior buckets and rear seat, in black with less than 200 miles on them since they were recovered let me know.
Yeah, I saw Koury Saturday night, I picked up a couple of rear seat bottoms (I'm having a rear seat recovered to match the Recaros) and a front flare for my 80 Turbo Pace Car. He is doing really well and expressed an real interest in a get together.
I am currently working in Austin during the week, but can get together on the weekend.
Lets hook up and get that 76' on the road!

Michael
1974 Trans Am 469/200-4R

misery

• Active Forum Member
      • enolive
« Reply #456 on: July 10, 2019, 03:35:13 PM »
slight change of plans - but may make things a little faster - so I picked up a 79 shell from Koury - a solid car... so I think that I will be building a 76 clone on a 79 shell ... very minimal body work..  verses the ton of sheet metal work needed to get the 76 road worthy!

going to be a real Frankenstein monster -

79 shell
70-73 formula hood
76 front clip & tail lights - wiring, doors, fenders
77 lower valance and spoilers

Should be nice!

tin-injun

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #457 on: July 14, 2019, 10:23:23 AM »
Hey Eric,
" ....and a front flare for my 80 Turbo Pace Car."
Michael

WooHoo...My husband just told me that the Pace Car is mine!!  NOW I'm excited!!  THANK YOU, BABY!!

jegs or summit

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #458 on: August 07, 2019, 10:31:09 AM »
Hey guys, Im in SERIOUS need of some 15x8 turbo wheels. I dont care if the colors are mismatched.
Been trying to post pics of the LS swap but cannot insert pics, or im doing something wrong or over looking something. THANKS

« Reply #458 on: August 07, 2019, 10:31:09 AM »
You can help support TAC!