transamcountry.com
September 21, 2014, 08:04:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: reddy Heater 125T wont stay running  (Read 2457 times)
75taguy
Active Forum Member

Email
« on: January 30, 2011, 02:25:42 PM »

My space heater wont keep running, I am burning kerosene, it ignites just fine, but will only run for at most one minute, usualy less. Then the flame indicator light comes on and it goes out. I have to turn the switch off to reset it and then it will start up again and start the cycle over again. Anyone got any Ideas on what causes it to shut down right away?
tinman
Active Forum Member

« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2011, 02:52:59 PM »

we had one at work that did this. there was a filter in side where it picks its fuel up was the problem on it.

dont let the car fool ya my treasure is in Heaven!
75taguy
Active Forum Member

Email
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2011, 03:35:53 PM »

I'll have to check that out, thanks.
Lostsoul
Active Forum Member

WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2011, 04:05:57 PM »

On alot of the little kero heaters (desa, reddy ect) they have a flameout control unit...the unit will light and run for a minute or so and then switch over to the flame sensor, the flame sensor sees the light of the flame and keeps the heater running. if the sensor is dirty or bad the heater will run for a moment and die

Better to burn out than fade away?...I say...lets get lit.....In a past life...I was refered to as Bluesilver....he he ..i said refer
81 Formula       01 chevy S10
93 Sonoma                             also known as "Blueformula462"
03 Superduty
lawbreaker2
Oracle Forum Member

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2011, 08:19:45 PM »

Mine does.the.same thing. I changed the filter and it still does it. All have to see where.this denver is.
transamcountry.com

You can help support TAC!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: